Injured Workers Campaign Network
The NSW Injured Workers Campaign Network is a community campaign proudly supported and resourced by Unions NSW.
The IWCN is led by injured workers, for injured workers, and seeks to drive positive change within the New South Wales workers’ compensation system.
Nobody expects to be injured at work. When a worker is injured on the job, they deserve prompt access to medical treatment, enabling a swift recovery. The IWCN centres its campaign around creating a system that is not only navigable but also fair, ensuring that injured workers are provided the support they need to return to work, where possible.
By taking action and empowering injured workers to share their stories, the Network has cultivated an engaged and growing membership. Together, they advocate for crucial reforms and improved outcomes in the realms of work health and safety as well as workers’ compensation, benefiting workers across New South Wales.
To reform the workers' compensation and rehabilitation system in New South Wales in the interests of injured workers with a view to ensuring dignity, respect, and fairness.
Current Campaign Asks
We want to see a workers’ compensation and rehabilitation system that;
- Returns injured workers to work when it is safe to do so;
- Has doctor-led care with timely and appropriate medical treatment;
- Protects injured workers from unfair terminations;
- Ensures polite, timely & accurate responses to all enquiries and requests;
- Provides ongoing medical & financial support for workers unable to return to work by removing s39 & 59A of the Workers Compensation Act 1987.