- Fixed Term Contract (March 2024 – August 2025)
Unions NSW is the peak council of trade unions in NSW representing over 600,000 members and 60 affiliated unions and trades and labour councils and is part of the broader trade union movement.
Unions NSW is seeking to employ a Field Organiser for 18 months to work as part of the Unions NSW Campaigns Team in the lead up for the 2024-25 Federal Election.
The Unions NSW Field Organiser role will work with the Unions NSW Director of Campaigns & Strategy to implement various industrial and community campaigns and to resource and develop local networks of union supporters and activists in the lead up to the 2024-25 Federal Election.
This part time role will include three ordinary working days to accommodate campaign activities and organising – and an additional paid ½ day on the weekend during peak campaign periods.
The position may include a period of full-time work commencing in 2025.
The Field Organiser will work with Unions NSW Director of Campaigns & Strategy to:
- Develop and implement strategic campaign plans,
- Work with union members and community organisations to develop, coordinate and implement the Unions NSW Federal Election campaign,
- Plan and execute various Unions NSW campaign events such as rallies, phonebanks, community events, fundraisers, door knocks and streets stalls,
- Generate content and organise workers through social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc,
- Participate in structured training and development opportunities as directed,
- Travel as required to work with affiliates and partner organisations in NSW, and
- Assisting with other activities as directed by the Secretary
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of the trade union movement.
- Demonstrated experience and participation in union, political and/or community campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision to complete allocated tasks.
- Demonstrated leadership and organisation skills.
- An ability to generate media content and organise workers through social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a high-volume workload, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to be able to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated skills and proficiency with relevant office computer programs.
- Willingness to undertake relevant training.
To perform the Field Organiser position, you will also be required to have or obtain and maintain:
- A valid driver’s license.
This position description is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for performing this job. It is not an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The performance of other duties within the employee’s competence and skills will be required from time to time in order to meet the Union’s needs.
Conditions and Entitlements
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant, which includes:
- Personal Leave: 10 days per annum (accumulative).
- Annual Leave: 5 weeks annual leave plus additional leave over Christmas with 17.5% leave loading (pro rata for part-time).
- Domestic Violence Leave
- Superannuation: employer contributions; extra 2% for female staff members
- Learning and Development opportunities
Salary will be commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience of the successful candidate.
Hours of work
This part-time role will include three ordinary working days, and an additional paid ½ day on the weekend during peak campaign periods.
How to apply
Unions NSW encourages applications from people who will enhance our diversity of people, cultural experiences, and perspectives.
- To apply for this role, please submit a CV (of no more than 3 pages) and a separate Cover Letter addressing the Essential Criteria.
- Send copies of your CV and Cover Letter to Ms. Amy Patrk via email: HR@unionsnsw.org.au
- Applications close 9:00AM Monday 26th February 2024.
- For inquiries, please contact Unions NSW on (02) 9881 5999.