Sydney CBD Location
About the Role
We have an exciting permanent full-time opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Communications Manager.
This position is responsible for the management of the Communications Section. This includes overseeing workflow and managing the quality of work across digital and print production. It also involves oversight of design, preparation, production and distribution of information, and providing guidance to officers and staff.
This role is also responsible for overseeing the 6 Communications Section staff and operations to ensure improved performance, productivity, efficiency and sustainability through the implementation of effective communication strategies.
To be considered for this role you will need to clearly demonstrate the following essential skills and experience
- A tertiary qualification in communications or related field. Equivalent experience in a similar role will be considered.
- At least 5 years of experience in communications, print media, or similar field
- Experience working in a non-for-profit or member based organisation
- Experience managing Communications staff to build their capacity to develop high-quality content for target audiences.
- Experience developing/managing the development of high-quality communications across multiple platforms including print publications, web, social media, CRMs and email.
- Proven ability to develop and implement communication strategies across multiple mediums that advance organisational goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels including difficult people as
- Computer skills, including a minimum of Office 365, particularly SharePoint customisation, Adobe suite and knowledge of database
- Attention to detail, planning and organising skills and the ability to work in high pressure situations with conflicting
- Respect for sensitivity and confidentiality of issues
- Commitment to unionism.
The New South Wales Teachers Federation is the registered trade union representing NSW public school teachers in pre-schools, infants, primary and secondary schools and TAFE Institutes. The NSW Teachers Federation looks after a multiplicity of issues on behalf of teachers. It also regards public education as a strong foundation for a sure future. Thus, it campaigns for betterments for all students who attend public schools so that they will receive a quality education.
How to Apply
If you believe you can add value to the Federation through your skills, attributes and ‘can do’ attitude we would like to hear from you.
Send your application including a cover letter that addresses the requirements as listed, and a current resume by clicking on the APPLY button below or email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications Manager” in subject line.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed, and appointment is conditional upon successful reference checks and probationary period. Successful candidate will be required to provide evidence of Covid-19 vaccination status.
*Please check your spam folder as messages to set-up interviews from our HR team may hit that folder.
No agency applications will be considered.